Detoxifying and Rejuvenating Cleanses for Body and Mind
In addition to the tools of healthy lifestyle and diet which maintain your health and help prevent future disease conditions, Ayurveda uses different cleansing and detoxification protocols to address the chronic build up of imbalances and the accumulation of toxins. While the foundation of having a healthy life can provide great preventative support against disease, deep-seated chronic conditions can be difficult to fully address by simply re-balancing one’s diet and lifestyle.
Ayurveda sees these toxins, called ama, as the root of all disease. In fact, this connection between disease and ama is so strong that in Ayurveda the word for disease is Amaya which translates as “that which is born out of Ama.”
Ayurveda offers time-tested, safe and effective cleansing protocols to expel toxins, not just from the digestive system but also from the deeper tissues of the body as well as the mind. Recognizing that the body and mind are connected, cleanses address both physical ama as well as mental toxins.
Mental ama is created from undigested mental and emotional experiences and is stored in your cellular memory. All experiences have energy to be processed or digested. When you have any unexpressed or unresolved emotion, it accumulates in the mind and begins to fester. These toxins manifest as symptoms of confusion, lack of clarity, poor perception, doubt, delusion, judgment, criticism, and a lack of enthusiasm for life.
Signs You Need A Cleanse: in general ama creates heaviness and clog in the system
- Fatigue and low energy
- A sense of heaviness anywhere in the body or mind including excess weight
- Congestion in the sinuses and lungs, system blockages,
- Constipation, indigestion, bloating and gas
- Bad breath and a whitish coating on the tongue, distorted or loss of taste
- Generalized body aches and stiffness
- High cholesterol and high triglycerides
- High blood sugar and type 2 diabetes
- ↑ white blood cells/leuocytosis or ↓ white blood cells/leukocytopenia
- Accumulation of antibodies
- Gallstones, kidney stones
- Chronic infections including candida
- Rheumatoid and arthritis conditions
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
Additionally, you may also experience restless and excessive movement in the nervous system as the body works to find a way around the ama blocks. Symptoms include breathlessness, tingling, numbness, ringing in ears, insomnia, tremors, ticks, and spasms.
Unique Aspects of Ayurveda Cleanses
- All Ayurveda cleanses are food based. Fasts are extreme and often cause the body to contract and conserve, pushing toxins deeper and stressing the system. While the goal in Ayurveda is to reduce metabolic activity to allow the body to focus on healing, we do not want to trigger a shock reaction. In all Ayurveda holistic cleanses, client are encouraged to follow their natural hunger cues and meet their needs with a whole foods diet.
- In addition to dietary tools – which include special cleansing herbs and teas – Ayurveda detoxifications support the removal of toxins through all the body channels with home body therapies including special lymph massage techniques, herbalized baths, nasal cleansing, and oral care. Optional breath exercises and yoga postures can also be used.
- And while cleansing is important to rid the body of the accumulated toxins, equally important is what happens after the cleanse. The cleanse does not end, essentially, with the cleanse. Rejuvenation and rebuilding follows which includes gentle digestive re-entry support and integration of healthy lifestyle pieces to prevent additional ama accumulation.
Offered in a supported group format 1-2 times a year or on your own to fit your individual schedule.
7 day home process with a “relaxed” schedule and minimal work adjustments.
The change of seasons present an optimal time to cleanse on a deeper level, but Deeper Tissue Cleansing is available to support your needs any time of the year.
Requires 8 days minimal time investment and the last four days require greater down time and a full break from the normal work schedule. Additional one week to build back to normal diet.