Nothing is worse than pain!
Mental pain is most often related to memory and mental functioning but also includes nervous system conditions.
By addressing the root causes beneath symptoms, supporting lifestyle and pattern changes, and using therapies that stimulate the natural ability of the body to heal, Ayurveda Wellness can support a very wide range of nervous system and mental conditions.
- Alzheimer’s (early stages)
- Huntington’s, Tourette’s, Parkinson’s
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Memory recall difficulty
- Forgetting names (anomia)
- Declining ability to process information
- Inability to retain information
- Learning difficulties
- Neurological disease disorders
The brain is a muscle that needs care, feeding and exercise just like any other muscle. But too often this vital muscle is ignored. Yet studies by the Alzheimer’s Research and Prevention Foundation (of which I am an outreach volunteer) have shown that a complementary health approach is highly effective in not only preventing neurological illness such as Alzheimer’s – but also in supporting overall neurological health and brain longevity.
In Ayurveda, most neurological disorders and less than optimal functioning of the brain is connected to the Vata dosha – the force of movement in the body and the energy connected to the nervous system and the brain. As such, the aim is to make sure that the Vata dosha is balanced through daily care and lifestyle factors.
Aiming to affect both the symptoms and the underlying imbalance, I provide:
- Body-Mind exercises specific to brain function
- Mental training activities
- Nutritional support and herbal formulas for the brain specifically as well as to balance the Vata dosha
- Vata balancing lifestyle modifications
- Meditation techniques
- Cranio-Sacral Therapy to remove restrictions in nervous system and increase the flow of cerebral-spinal fluid which feeds the brain