Rejuvenating body therapies are an important part of managing health and longevity in the body and the mind.
These body treatments can be done as part of the Panchakarma cleansing protocol to aid in detoxification and rebalancing, but also provide wonderful therapies on their own to support rejuvenation and maintain vital health.
In addition to revitalizing your health through changes in lifestyle and diet, Ayurvedic body therapies provide numerous benefits including:
- Increasing longevity and slows the aging process
- Boosting energy and vitality
- Bringing clarity of mind, calm to the nervous system, and higher functioning to the senses.
- Enhancing immunity
- Reducing physical tension and muscular-skeletal discomfort
Body Therapies offered at Ayurveda Wellness:
Marma Energy Therapies
The physical body contains special energetic power points, called Marma, which hold concentrated vital life force, prana. Herbal pastes, aroma oils, mantra (sound) and gentle touch are applied to the marma points to open the energy channels and remove blockages, improve energy flow, and enhance your innate energy reserves throughout the body and into the muscles, joints, and organs as well as in the mind. Though Marma are similar to acupressure/acupuncture points, they are worked in a gentler way more akin to energy work than soft tissue therapy. This technique is used in the following treatments:
Indicated for those wishing to enhance the head and heart connection, to reduce facial and neck tension and relieve the fine lines and stress which can cause wrinkles (Marma facial), to balance the energetic body.
The body is anointed with generous amounts of herbal oils which soothe the nervous system and grounds all dosha but espeically the vata dosha. Specific massage strokes over the skin and energy points support lymph system cleansing and bring the body back into balance, promoting healing within. The session is then finished with relaxing warm body compresses to open the pores and encourage deeper absorption of the oils.
Indicated for those with extreme stress, chronic health conditions, vata dosha imbalances, circulatory or nervous system imbalances, dry skin and during post-partum.
This harmonious service begins with mind-balancing energy work, incorporates aromatherapy and is finished with a relaxing head massage. The main treatment softly pours warmed oil in a steady flow over the forehead. The technique subtly massages the master endocrine glands promoting deep relaxation and quieting of mental chatter to experience inner peace.
Indicated for those suffering from overwork, mental burn out, extreme stress, chronic insomnia, headaches, depression, anxiety and panic attacks, and mental disorders.
The senses are the main portals through which your nervous system interacts with the external world. In today’s world, these sense organs are exposed to excessive stimulation creating imbalance not only in the ears, eyes, and sinuses, but also affecting overall brain function. Recharge your senses with the following packages:
- Total Nourishment
- Sensory Rejuvenation
- Or add a single sense therapy or series of 4 to any other service
- 30 minute Nasya Sinus Treatment (Includes head-neck-face massage, facial steam treatment, administration of herbalized sinus oil, and salt water rinse): $45
- 30 minute Netra Tarpana Eye Treatment (into a container of either dough dam or eye cups, room temperature ghee or a herbalized tea decoction in applied to the eyes. Ghee helps promote healthy vitality and balance in the eye, regulates any inflammatory changes and helps arrest the degenerative process of eye conditions such as cataracts and macular degeneration. For chronic conditions, this is best done in a series of 1 x week for 4-6 weeks.): $45
- 30 minute Karna Purana Ear Treatment (application of warm herbalized oil to the ear): $45
- Package of 4 of either the Nasya, Netra Tarpana or Karna Purana treatments: $150
Indicated for anyone experiencing eye strain or dry, itchy, red and sore eyes as well to ease dark circles and wrinkles around the eyes; TMJ, ringing in the ears, build up of wax, mucous and yeast (candida); repeated head colds, allergies, sinusitis, migraine or chronic headaches, and decreased sensory function (loss of smell, hearing, or taste).
Basti Topical Oil Applications
These nourishing and healing point specific treatments can be added on to any abhyanga or package. Each of these treatments uses a dough dam which is placed on a body part and filled with oils according to the needs to the individual. While the oil rests, additional Ayurvedic energy techniques are used to clear stagnate energy and blockages and restore balance in the affected area and body.
Therapeutic applications address both physical, emotional and energetic imbalances and include the heart, navel area (digestive and reproductive issues), spine, adrenals, and throat (thyroid, expression truth), and knees.
Lepas Herbal Paste Therapy
Medicinal plasters or herbal pastes are applied to specific body areas to address a variety of conditions including pain, swelling, muscle weakness, digestive issues, menstrual and reproductive system imbalances. Oil and heat are initially applied to open the pores and channels to better absorb the herbs. While the paste rests, additional Ayurvedic energy techniques are used to clear stagnate energy and blockages and restore balance in the affected area and body. Add the appropriate treatment to meet your needs.
- Headaches Be Gone: tension and migraine options
- Joint Support: for degenerative pain, congestive pain, or inflammatory pain
- Digestive Relief: options for constipation, gas and bloating or acid reflux/heartburn
- Women’s Balancing: to ease PMS, hormonal balance, heavy menses, fibroids, cysts, endometriosis as well yeast infections and UTI’s
- Immunity Boost: to restore immune response due to depletion from stress, burn out, chemotherapy or radiation, or chronic health conditions
- Individually Tailored options also can be created by Jamie to meet your specific needs. An initial 15 minute Herbal Consultation is required, which can be done over the phone or in-person at the office.