I try to mix and match my grains throughout the week and am always on the look-out for new, easy recipes that taste great and are nutritious. In my search last week I discovered a simple rice dish that has just 7 ingredients but a powerfully fresh taste.
Try it and let me know what you think.
- 2 Tbls. butter or ghee
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 c. Jasmine rice
- 13 oz chicken or vegetable stock
- lemon zest from half a lemon (or more depending on your taste)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbls. chopped parsley
- Cook the onion in butter for 5-10 minutes on medium heat until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the rice and continue to coat and cook on medium low heat for 10 minutes or until slightly brown.
- Add the stock, zest and salt. Bring to a boil then turn to low, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add fresh parsley and serve.