Assessment, educational information, guidance, coaching, support and hands-on therapies help you successfully restore OPTIMAL HEALTH and become EMPOWERED!
True healing takes time as well as authentic effort because it is designed to not only address the root causes and underlying imbalances beneath the symptoms, but also to re-calibrate your lifestyle to one of health. You are also building awareness of your patterns, learning a new model of health, and creating a foundation of self-care and healthy habits to serve you not just today but throughout the rest of your life. Comprehensive programs are individually tailored and designed for success. It is important to realize that Ayurveda is a process, education and lifestyle adjustment rather than a quick fix treatment and requires commitment.
The ultimate goal is to be free of all symptoms, full of vigor and vibrant energy and be self-empowered in the care of your health. Your wellness program will have a series of sessions to re-balance your biochemistry, gain clarity about your self-care, re-program your patterns, and achieve your goals, our work together has a finite end.
Wellness Programs are dictated by your needs and goals.
Your return to optimal health begins with a two-part New Patient Assessment followed by four to six weeks of weekly appointments.
- Part one of the process is a 90 minute Intake Assessment during which I gather information about your physical, mental and emotional health and systemic patterns, and perform several diagnostic assessments. From this information, I develop your short-term and long-term treatment recommendations and individually-tailored herbal formulas.
- Part two is a 45 minute Report of Findings a week later when I share your constitutional (prakriti) assessment, your current state of imbalance (vikruti) and get you started with the initial recommendations to bring you back to your natural state of wellness.
- Regular weekly or every other week appointments for the next 40 days, the critical time period it takes to change a habit, create a solid foundation for re-aligning your health with treatment tools and lifestyle modification. Based on your condition, needs and goals I will set a schedule designed to ensure your success by leveraging momentum, commitment and forward movement with the integration of your resources.
- Subsequent appointments are spread further out to accommodate your new stability and continued success. For each person, the amount of time needed to return to optimal health will differ depending on the nature of your conditions, goals and desires.
In each session we evaluate how your new and modified habits are developing, examine challenges and explore creative solutions for success. Symptoms are tracked and monitored as a way to see your overall wellness progress and underlying balance. Body therapies are utilized as appropriate along with other balancing tools such as dietary modifications, herbal supplements, home lifestyle tools, aroma and sound therapies, breath exercises, coaching exercises to shift underlying mindsets and beliefs, yoga, meditation and other stress relief techniques.
Sessions may include different therapeutic elements and techniques to best meet your needs. Recommendations and modifications are given in small amounts to allow for proper integration and prevent overload. Time is allowed for proper education, coaching time to highlight pattern connections, and body therapies are needed.
- Wellness follow-up and tracking, including symptom assessment, pulse and tongue diagnosis
- Nutritional diet support based on your constitution and current state of imbalance
- Herbal formula evaluation and adjustment
- Ayurvedic body and energy therapies
- Life coaching activities and techniques
- Lifestyle and pattern modifications
- Home therapy tools include aroma, color, gem, and sound therapies
- Posture evaluation, corrective exercises and stretches
- Education on yoga and meditation techniques
- Craniosacral therapy to release energy cysts and imbalances stored in the body
- Soft tissue massage techniques to release musculo-skeletal tension
Good communication is a cornerstone of our work. Questions and feedback are encouraged. This is a process of increasing self-awareness so if something doesn’t make sense, please let me know.
Geography is not a barrier. Sessions can be in-person or via the telephone or Skype. Phone sessions can also be recorded if you choose by using a bridge line. If this option is appealing, talk to me about the details.